The KODAK GENERATION NEWS Platesetter is designed to meet the demanding needs of medium to large newspaper printers, providing both the superior quality of thermal imaging and high productivity, allowing newspaper printers to:
- Maximize throughput with a fast, highly-automated platemaking system
- Realize all the benefits of thermal imaging, including increased stability and repeatability and outstanding print quality.
- High automated plate loading capacity - up to 800 plates with standard 2 online plate cassettes and up to 1,600 plates with optional 4 cassettes
- NEW! Up to four plate formats can be online, increasing flexibility and uptime and reducing the number of plate lines needed to support multiple presses.
- The proper plate size is automatically selected based on the job
- Automated slip sheet removal and high slip sheet storage capacity
- Throughput of up to 300 plates per hour at 1270 dpi
- Compact footprint for maximum plate production in tight prepress areas
Excellent Quality and Stability
- Thermal KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology is standard on GENERATION NEWS Platesetters, providing accurate, stable, repeatable imaging for fewer plate remakes, fewer adjustments in prepress, and exceptional print quality.
- Easily interfaces with third-party workflow systems for seamless integration into existing environments
- NEW! Add the Third Party Device Interface (TPDI) Option which enables functionality in XPO software to provide job and device status information upstream to a third-party workflow in XML format and can be customized according to the specified workflow. Most common workflows are already supported today.
- Backed by Kodak's world-class service and support organization.
Supports Your Sustainability Goals